We are the only cinema provider of accessible film content within an hour’s drive of Aberystwyth. Widening access is also an important part of our programme, so we regularly programme Audio Described and Subtitled films.
We aim to be welcoming and accessible to everyone. Here’s all you need to know.
If you have any specific access requirements and would like to speak to a member of our team, please call 01970 623232 or email email@example.com.
Explore our venue
Before you come to an event, get to know our building with our interactive 3d map
We’ve also created a guide for people attending events and activities, including notes to help carers or accompanying assistants.
- Parking is reserved next to the main entrance approach for drivers with limited mobility.
- Two spaces are also available at the rear of the theatre, with level access to the main foyer.
- There are 4 wheelchair spaces at the front of Great Hall with level access to the street and the main floor of the Arts Centre, including the Box Office and the Great Hall Foyer.
- Wheelchair access is possible to all performance and workshop spaces in the venue.
- Access to the main foyer and box office is at ground level, there’s a lift up to the theatre foyer and a stair lift down to the lower foyer.
- The back row of our cinema is reserved in advance for wheelchair users, carers and anyone with physical access needs.
Toilets are accessible on all levels except the lower foyer.
We welcome trained guide dogs and assistance dogs. If you’d like to bring your assistance dog into the auditorium, let us know when you book your ticket.
Hearing loops are installed in the Great Hall, theatre and cinema.
Accessible shows & screenings
Audio described & captioned
Our relaxed screenings change the usual environment in the theatre or cinema so it’s more comfortable for a range of needs. These changes include:
- No adverts or trailers
- Low-level lighting
- Reduced volume
- Freedom to make noise and move around